Thursday, January 05, 2006

Pictures...


I get no credit for this from my friends, but I'm actually a really nostalgic person. Very much from my own personal experience, but I also attach a lot of feeling to famous people I don't know. I came across this picture of Peter Jennings in a "famous people who passed away in 2005" article. It's great.

I'm a "big bad Republican" who loves to rail at media-bias I see on the TV (and it's there every day) and I actually think of Peter Jennings, as part of that media establishment. But, at the same time, I totally love Peter Jennings. Somewhere around the age of ten, I really got "into the news." I credit my father, who always wanted to watch the national news. Somewhere a year or two after that I became one of the one or two kids in class who knew the name of foreign leaders - who knew the location of countries around the world.

I forget exactly what year, but somewhere in my life, Peter Jennings and ABC News became my favorite Network news outlet. I know it was my favorite, because my dad would watch one national news show at 6:30, and then we'd switch channels and watch a second on a different network. Later on in life I became a Tom Brokaw fan, but for a good ten years, Peter was the man. I'm very sorry that he's gone....

No comments: